- 1 cup plain yogurt (see my coconut yogurt recipe)
- 1 Tab. all-fruit spread, maple syrup or honey (or more, to taste) or small pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 - 1 cup fresh (or frozen) fruit
- 1 Tab. flaxseed and/or chia seed (optional)
- 1 Tab. unsweetened coconut (optional; you can find this in the bulk section of Whole Foods)
- 1 - 2 Tab. old-fashioned oats or muesli or Abby's Granola
- Optional add-ons: Goji berries, currants & other dried fruit; 1-2 Tab. of your favorite cereal
In a large shallow bowl, mix yogurt with sweetener of your choice. Place sweetened yogurt in individual bowls then add the remaining ingredients. Personalize it by playing around with the quantities & variety of toppings. My kids loved to layer their concoctions in tall parfait glasses when they were young.
It's great to use whatever fruit is in season (strawberries & pitted cherries in the early summer; blueberries, raspberries & blackberries throughout the summer; peaches, plums and apples into the autumn) but any fruit is delicious (think sliced bananas, kiwi, pineapple). Frozen berries even work well if you allow them to thaw a few minutes first.