Brian's Pasta Sauce
This is our go-to pasta sauce. I like a thicker & sweeter sauce, so I drain as much liquid as I can out of the cans of diced tomatoes.
- 3 (14 or 15-oz.) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- < 1/4 c. Italian seasoning (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 Tab dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. Turkish oregano
- Place drained tomatoes in blender and pulse to desired consistency.
- Place tomatoes and rest of ingredients into medium saucepan.
- Cover saucepan with top (place top on about 75% to allow steam to exit) and simmer for 30 – 45 minutes (the longer, the better!).