- ½ cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 ½ cups water or coconut water
- ¼ - 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- Pinch of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt (or just add ¼ - ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice)
- Optional: maple syrup to taste
Place oatmeal, (coconut) water, pumpkin and spices in saucepan. Bring to boil then cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes. If desired, add maple syrup to taste.
Option: Replace oatmeal with steel-cut oats, amaranth, wheat berries, quinoa, or rice. Soak grains overnight in water (the exception is quinoa, which just needs a quick rinse before cooking). Adjust cooking time as needed.