Oatmeal Blender Waffles
- 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 cups water, plus more as needed
- 2 small, very ripe bananas
- 2 Tab. oil (coconut, olive)
- 1 ½ - 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ - ½ tsp. high-quality salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tab. raw sugar, Sucanat or Turbinado (optional, but recommended if your bananas aren’t extremely ripe)
- ghee to grease waffle iron
- pure maple syrup (cooling) or honey (warming)
- natural almond butter or other nut butter
Pre-heat your waffle iron. If you want to keep cooked waffles crispy and warm while cooking the other waffles, pre-heat oven or toaster oven to 250F.
Place all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Let the batter sit 5 – 10 minutes to thicken. Meanwhile, use ghee to grease your waffle iron. Once waffle iron is ready, do a quick pulse of batter in blender. Pour batter into waffle iron & cook (waffles are usually ready when steam slows down). Place cooked waffles in pre-heated oven if desired.
Spread waffle with a thin layer of nut/seed butter and a light drizzle of maple syrup/honey.