Scroll to bottom for general instructions on how to use the Insight Timer app
Recommended Insight Timer Meditations
From your phone or tablet, click the links below to open the meditation on your Insight Timer app.
- Mindful Morning Meditation by Glenda Cedarleaf (5:50)
- Manifest Your Deepest Desires by Melissa Ambrosini (6:11)
- Body Scan Relaxation by Andrew Johnson (7:39)
- Chakra Attunement by Satya Dubay (9:59)
- Morning Ritual by Jason McGrice (10:00)
- Healing Begins in the Mind by Bethany Auriel-Hagan (10:25)
- Gateway to Presence by Tara Brach (10:30)
- Morning Body Scan With Affirmations by Sunny Roberts (13:05)
- Gratitude for the Miracle of the Breath & Body by Dr Elise Bialylew (13:36)
- Sky of Awareness by Elisha Goldstein (15:30)
- Our Power to Heal & Repair by davidji (16:48)
- MBSR Sitting Meditation (20 min) by Dave Potter of Palouse Mindfulness (20:00)
- Self Healing Journey by Renee Rotkopf (20:25)
- Body Scan and Space by Jonathan Foust (24:59)
- A Journey to Self-Renewal: Full Version by Lee Ann Dzelzkalns (29:47)
- Awareness Of Breath And Body (MBSR) by Stephanie Swann (31:05)
Yoga nidra for sleep
Yoga nidra for pain management
General yoga nidra
- Calming Yoga Nidra Practice by Elena Mironov (20:11)
- Classic Yoga Nidra: Loved Beyond Comprehension Sankalpa by Diana Warlick (20:34)
- Yoga Nidra by Sam Squire (27:58)
- Yoga Nidra: Freedom Nature by Jennifer Piercy (30:13)
- Explore Your Being With Yoga Nidra by Katharina (33:39)
- Yoga Nidra For Wholeness And Connection by Maria McDonald (40:59)
General instructions for first time Insight Timer app users
The Insight Timer phone app is an incredible FREE resource for meditation, but it can be overwhelming for first time users. I hope that this guide provides you with some guidance.
- Download the free Insight Timer app on your phone or tablet, then create an account.
- From the Home Screen, click the “Meditation” button (headphones image) on the bottom menu bar.
- Click the newly displayed “Meditation” button (hands in Anjali mudra/prayer), then click the type of meditation you’re interested in. Not sure? I recommend clicking ‘Stress” or “Mindfulness”.
- A list of guided meditations will be displayed for you to choose. However, I recommend first clicking the “Length” button on the top menu bar then clicking the “Sort” button on that same menu bar and click ”Highest Rated” to further narrow down your choices.
- Found a meditation that you really enjoy? Before exiting from the meditation, bookmark the meditation by clicking the bookmark icon at the top right of your screen. Then, when you’re ready to meditate again, click the bookmark tab on your home screen to access ALL of your bookmarked meditations. (If you forget to do this, you can access your "Activity" history from your "Profile" page.)
Personalize your app: From the Home Screen, click the “Profile” button on the bottom menu bar. Click the wheel in the top menu bar to access “My Setting’ and set your app up. Do you want a daily reminder? What opening screen would you like your app to open with?
- From the Home Screen, click the “Timer” button on the bottom menu bar.
- For “Duration”, set the amount of time that you want to meditate and select an ending bell. If you don’t want to set a limit, click “no limit” for the “Duration”.
- Click the 3 vertical dots at the bottom right of the screen and click “Save as a preset”.