WINTER & EARLY SPRING WELLNESS
In Ayurveda, Winter and early Spring are the season of Kapha. Earth and water make mud. Kapha’s heavy, cold, wet, dull, static and sticky qualities can show up as physical and emotional congestion and lethargy. If this season is weighing you down, try these tips and recipes to add lightness, clarity and a swing to your step.
Bring even more vibrancy and joy to your life.
Do things that will inspire and motivate you.
Feed all of your senses with heat, light and movement.
More tips on adding warmth, clarity and lightness to your season:
- Sip warm water throughout the day.
- Only eat when hungry. Avoid emotional eating, especially "routine" snacking.
- Take deep belly breaths throughout the day.
- Drink a cleansing tea, like dandelion root, ginger or a detox blend.
- Forgive, let go, and move on.
- Practice Bhastrika or Kapalabhati breathing.
- Spend time with creative, interesting and vivacious people.
- Eat a light and early dinner.
Links to Winter/early Spring recipes:
Click here for a list of Kapha-balancing foods & spices.