Who needs sugar, calcium disodium EDTA, "natural" flavors, and refined oils when you can make your own delicious mayo in less than 5 minutes? Enjoy!
- 2 pastured/free-range, organic eggs at room temperature
- 1 Tab. raw, organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Smidgeon (less than a dash) of dried ground rosemary
- 3/4 cup avocado oil
- Optional: 1 tsp – 1 Tab fresh lemon juice
- Before beginning, make sure that all of the ingredients are room temperature.
- Place eggs, vinegar, salt & rosemary (plus lemon juice if desired) in blender or food processor. Blend on low.
- Once mixed, keep machine running and slowly add the oil in a thin stream. Once completely blended, you will have a thick & creamy mayo.
- Mayo is best when it’s cold, so I recommend refrigerating for about 15 minutes before eating. Store in a glass container in the refrigerator. It’s best to use fresh mayo within 3 days.